Система требований к уровню эксплуатационных свойств моторных масел американского института нефти (API)
Ivanov A. V.
(FAE «The 25th State Research Institute of Himmotology of Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation», Moscow)
Explanation of Standard Specification for Performance of Active API Service Category Engine Oils
Keywords: API, engine oils, standards, motor test methods, bench test methods, service categories, service symbol, read-across, oil interchangeability, low speed pre-ignition, resource conserving.
The publication describes major aspects of the currently active American Petroleum Institute (API) engine oil performance categories that have been defined as «S» category: SN Plus, SN, SM, SL, SH and «C» category: FA-4, CK-4, CJ-4, CI-4, CH-4. The basic descriptions of every category were involved. It was underlined this specification is based on engine test results that generally have been correlated with results obtained on reference oils in actual service engines operating with gasoline or diesel fuel. All motor and bench test methods specified for above mentioned categories were reviewed. The Base Oil Interchangeability Guidelines – BOI, API Guidelines for SAE Viscosity-Grade Engine Testing – VGRA and Read-Across rule, Resource Conserving oils, Low Speed Pre Ignition — LSPI were explained. The fundamentals of FA-4 and CK-4 service categories have discussed.
1. Engine Oil Licensing and Certification System. API 1509. Eighteen Edition, June 2019. Energy API, 2019. – 159 p. www.api.org
5. American Chemistry Council Petroleum Additieves Product Approval Code of Practice, January 2018. https://www.americanchemistry.com/1361/
6. ILSAC GF-5 Standard for Passenger Car Engine Oils. 22.12.20109
7. Standard Specification for Performance of Active API Service Category Engine Oils ASTM D4485-19
8. ACC’s Petroleum Additives Code of Practice: 20 Year Anniversary. February 2012
9. ASTM Test Monitoring Center ASTM https://www.astm.org/CERTIFICATION/DOCS/128.TMC_Rater_Scheme_Manual_3.1.pdf
10. Heavy-Duty Engine Oil Infineum Presentation
13. Jeffrey Harmening Manager, EOLCS/DEF/MOM Global Industry Services API July 3, 2019